Coming up on 3 weeks

Joe Burns jburns05.phate at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 06:51:10 CEST 2008

On Friday 13 June 2008 17:46:51 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello students
>
> we're coming up on three weeks. I'd like to get some first impressions
> from you?
>
> How easy was your approach to KDE code?
It wasn't too bad. All the API docs helped out a lot.

> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

Started work on a small utility app that will benefit the rest of the project.
We are still in the early design phase of the actual project.

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

I have committed all my work to the /playground directory

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

I have not yet blogged. I'm waiting to until there is a bit more to show.

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

I really enjoy the community. My mentor, Riccardo Iaconelli, has been
especially accommodating. We mostly communicate through IRC and that has been
a great way to trade ideas and clarify details.

Thanks,
Joe Burns