SoC start

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon May 28 10:05:34 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

It is May 28th. So you can start working now!

I think most of you have been talking to your mentors and the community in
the past few weeks. Some of you have even started working.

Now is the time to start actually writing code. No one expects anything
functional by the end of the week, though. Just start jotting down your
thoughts, etc. Blog as often as you can. Talk to your mentors and talk to
the community. Let them know what is going on, what your thoughts are,
what you think your code will look like, etc.

Really. Talk to your mentors.

I want each student to mail the mentor at least once per week. Even if it
is to say "sorry, I've been busy with Real Life and I haven't done
anything". If your mentor doesn't reply, talk to your admin.

If you have any extended period of absence that you already know of, tell
us.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358