aKademy & progress

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus at cryos.org
Mon Jun 11 20:31:35 CEST 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 13:23:13 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello Students,
>
> We've now completed two weeks of work. I wonder how you're doing. Do you
> have anything you want to share? Is it more difficult than you expected?
> Or is it easier?
>
> Also, who among you are coming to aKademy? I know a few are, so we'll
> organise a BoF session to talk about the project.

Hi,

I would like to thank my mentor and the development team I am working in. I
started my GSoC project early so that we could get some of the new 3D
features into Kalzium before the freeze. The freeze was delayed but we got
everything we wanted to in before the original deadline which was nice.

Life has been chaotic over here but I have managed to accomplish quite a lot
already despite having to take some time off due to unexpected real life
issues. I feel pleased that I am still pretty much on schedule despite
unexpected events and we already have lots of nice features in the 3D
molecular viewer.

I will be at aKademy this year. I was already attending to give a talk on
Gentoo & KDE. I will now be there for the full week with laptop. Can't wait
to get up there and meet some of you guys. I have signed up for the key
signing party too. It would be good to meet other GSoC students as well as
all the KDE hackers that will be there. I am just in Sheffield so it wasn't
very far for me to come this year.

Lots more to come - hope to get quite a few features implemented in the next
couple of weeks as well as polishing the kalzium 3D widget that will go into
KDE 4.0. Hope you are all having fun.

Thanks,

Marcus