Planet for kde-soc

Sheldon Cumming sheldonc4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 20:57:17 CEST 2006

On 6/13/06, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Bertjan Broeksema wrote:
> >Hello Thiago,
> >
> >Don't know very well how to start so i'll directly ask the question. I
> > heard from Adriaan (de Groot but i'll guess you know him =) that  you
> > are the one who is dealing with the summer of code stuff. I'm realy
> > interested in how things are going (and probably not the only one) so
> > i've a sugestion. Could there be a planet set up for the kde soc
> > participants?
> >
> >They did it for Gentoo also and i realy like it to see how things are
> > going and what's happening. http://planet.gentoo.org/soc/
>
> Hello Bertjan, hello students,
>
> In fact, there is a "planet" for SOC students, located at
> www.planetsoc.com. I recommend the blogger students to set up their feed
> there.
>
> If/when you feel like a KDE contributor, you can be aggregated at
> planetkde.org as well. (Some of you may be still shy of calling
> themselves a "KDE contributor"). I would just ask you that you ask to be
> aggregated at planetkde only if you intend to stay longer than just SOC.

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that more people are interested in SoC progress :)

I'm participating in SoC but I've largely stayed out of all SoC
related discussion boards and blog sites. they are rarely on-topic or
contain anything useful for me, so I spend most of my time idling on
irc or reading kde-mailing lists. A lot of my questions have already
been asked :)

I don't currently run a developer blog, but if I start one I think I'd
try to add it to planetkde. You wouldn't want to read it at the moment
anyhow, it would be a lot of "Somebody want to explain CMake?" and not
very many exciting announcements/screenshots at this point (well, it
looks decent now but it doesn't do any of the cool stuff yet :)

If people are looking for a bit of a progress report, well the program
more or less looks like what it is in the proposal (
http://sheldon.hygred.com/soc/ ) with a new mousewheel zoom sort-of
feature that I hadn't intended to implement when I made the mockups.
All the pretty floating things don't work yet - focus is being put on
appointments. Integration with what other people are doing/have done
is something I'm working on.

Any ideas, suggestions, questions, feel free to email me or find me on IRC

Thanks,

Sheldon