Hosting your code

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jun 4 14:23:34 CEST 2006

Dear students,

since some of might be looking for a place to host their code or, in the case
of someone already working with a KDE SVN account, might be uncertain if you
can use KDE's SVN for the SOC work or where to put it, we came up with the
following guidelines:

- KDE's SVN repository is of course available to you. For those who do not
have a SVN account yet, see [1]

- If your project is a new application or separate component, you can use the
playground module. Put your project into the subdirectory that fits best by
our judgment. In case you think it doesn't fit into any category, we can
create a soc2006/ subdirectory, but usually one of the existing categories
will work

- If you are working on an application or library already hosted in SVN,
contact the responsible developers how they prefer to have the code comitted
(for example into a branch). Your mentor will know who those persons are.

If you have any questions on this topic, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://developer.kde.org/documentation/misc/applysvnaccount.php

--