SoC's end and further instructions

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Sep 3 16:14:58 CEST 2005

Hello everyone

As you must all be aware, we're now past the deadline for the Google
Summer of Code projects. You must all have received a form by Google to
be filled in in order for the money to be released and for Google to
evaluate the results of their initiative.

Most of the KDE hackers were this week on aKademy, in Málaga, which means
we've been rather unresponsive. But rest assured that we are aware of
your progress and we'll be testing your code and filling in the forms.
Due to our particular circumstances (24 students, 37 mentors and 53
student-mentor combinations), the filling in of the forms won't happen
overnight.

You may also have received an email from DDJ requesting articles to be
written. We have also been aware, but not all of us are good writers. If
you wish to take part in the magazine articles, mail your mentors and
convince them.

Finally, if you wish to continue developing your code, or to start working
on other parts of KDE, you are more than welcome to do so. While further
modifications aren't to be considered part of SOC, they may become part
of KDE itself as your code matures (there are already some projects that
were merged).

Congratulations everyone on their efforts.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cwæð "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.