[Google SoC] Any update?

Sean O'Dubhghaill sean at doyle55.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 21:10:01 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 Jul 2005 7:53 pm, Kévin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm one of your mentor for the Google Summer of Code, and you're lucky
> because you have four of them!
>
> I'm a bit worrying since we didn't have news from you for a while now. I
> hope everything is ok on your side. If you need help don't hesitate to ask,
> we're your mentors exactly for this.
>
> Would you mind trying to comply to the weekly status report on the
> kde-soc at kde.org list? It would help everyone a lot, and could help rise
> issues soon in order to help you succeed. It doesn't necessarily need to be
> quite long we just need to know what has been done, what you're planning,
> the problems expected, the steps still needed to reach the goal.
>
> I hope to hear from you soon. ;-)
>
> Regards.

Hi Kevin and all my other mentors and kde-soc

Sorry for keeping quiet for so long I just didn't have much to report. I've
been working 6/7 days a week for the past month so didn't have any time for
my soc project. Thankfully thats finshed now (down to a more sensible 5 days)
so I started my project Monday. So far I just fleshed out my ideas a bit, got
a few interface mockups done and have tried to get a copy of KDE's source
compiled. I've had a little trouble getting KDE compiling, I tried with the
3.4 source first but couldn't get arts to compile, I'm downloading head as I
type this so hopefully I'll have more luck there. If I don't get head to
compile I'll mail the kde-soc list. I'll start hacking as soon as I get KDE
compiling.

One thing I was wondering about, Google wouldn't mind if I post my mockups to
kde-usability to get some criticism or does that count as not doing the
project on my own.

Regards,
John