Nokey Status

Leo Spalteholz leo.spalteholz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:30:03 CEST 2005

Hello,

Just an update on my application Nokey...

So I've spent most of my time on:
1.  Thinking about my initial design.
       - reduce the complexity of the overlays
       - whether multiple modes depending on the application are a
good idea (probably not)
       - class hierarchy
       - accessibility framework integration.  Initially, application
control will be done via sending key events to the active application.
 The next stage (after SoC) will be integration with ATSPI for more
reliable control.
2.  Learning Qt
       - how to create fully custom-drawn widgets
3.  Started coding
       - Implementation of TranslucentWindow class with corner sliding
       - Start implementation of custom widgets.
4.  Try to get 3D acceleration working on Linux.  No luck.  ATI, I
hate you with all my heart.

I haven't had much time to work on the project since it is crunch time
for my classes right now.  Most of my work will be done in the last
three weeks of August when my exams are done.

No blog yet.

This week I plan on coding up the custom widget implementation, and
implementing side tabs.

Cheers,
Leo