Which branch should I keep up with ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Aug 3 03:28:37 CEST 2005

Kun Xi wrote:
>Hello mentors,
>
>It seems like the soc-kde-scripting would not be added to KDE 3.5, so
>it is supposed to be released on KDE4. If I want to keep this branch
> updated, should I merge the updates in trunck ?
>
>Since trunk is the candidate for KDE4, does that mean I have to install
> Qt4 and kdelibs SVN version, or the trunk is backward compatible to
> kdelibs-3.4.1 and Qt 3?

I'd say keep on working with what you have already. You can figure out how
to port to KDE 4 / Qt4 in the future, after the project has ended.

In other words, don't add porting to your list of tasks.

--
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. T cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wear se cgbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and a ms cmon lator. On one dg, he hine reste.