Settings stuff

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Aug 2 22:44:03 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 19:45, Piotr Szymański wrote:
> Hello,
> I have 10 small .la's
>
> All of them contain a KConfigXT object. I want to load them at startup to
> allow configuration of all backend's in oKular.
>
> The problem is, how do I give the access to the settings from a loaded
> generator.
>
> I will use KLibLoader to load all of the .la's, can I now be sure that the
> static methods of the KConfigXT object, are available?

No, if you reference these static methods in your code the run time linker
will want to resolve them at startup and at that time you haven't loaded
these .la's yet.

> Lets say I have
> GVSettings::antialiasing(), how do I access it without having to link my
> generator lib to the relevant .la that hold the KConfigXT?

That's not trivial I'm afraid. You would need to lookup the symbol with
dlsym() but since it's a C++ method you don't know the symbol name.

The easiest way would be to use KConfigSkeleton::findItem("antialiasing") and
then retrieve the value from the KConfigSkeletonItem that you get with
KConfigSkeletonItem::property()

See for example KConfigDialogManager::updateWidgets()

Cheers,
Waldo