[Kde-silk] Re: Share "Web services" code using KJob's

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:47:26 CET 2011

On Tuesday 11 January 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> i'd be interested in making Plasma::Service work with what you come up with
> or even using Plasma::Service as the basis for your work, extending and
> improving it as needed.
to not mention the bindings to write js addons:

since those web service have that little annoying habit of changing api at
random times, having to wait the next kde release to have say, youtube fixed
would be quite annoying..
we can have little addons for services written in js, that seem to be able to
handle most of the logic of the service (we have some for pastebin providers
and something for yutube and flickr was done during a gsoc as well)
then they can be distributed over ghns on kde-look/syncrotron/whatever as soon
as the service changes.

Cheers,
Marco Martin