[Kde-science] simple plotting library

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 18:18:09 CET 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 17:55, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> FYI:  we developed a simple data-plotting library for KStars; it is
> also currently being used by Kalzium.  The library provides a 2-D plot
> widget (KPlotWidget) and a class containing data to be plotted
> (KPlotObject).  The library is on KDE CVS:
> kdeedu/libkdeedu/kdeeduplot

   Kst is also slowly refactoring in order to export the plotting code, but we
plot to a buffer, not a widget.

> On another note, do any of the KDE data-plotting programs (QtiPlot,
> Kst, etc) provide a command prompt or a scripting interface?  I
> currently use "supermongo" for data plotting at work, which allows me
> to type in commands to read data from a file, set the plot limits, plot
> the data, etc.  I find this much more efficient than using a GUI.

  We are working on this for Kst right now actually.  We are thinking to make
bindings for KJSEmbed and using that as the language, especially since that
can be used for extending the UI too.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/