[Kde-science] simple plotting library

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Nov 28 23:55:20 CET 2004

Hello,

FYI:  we developed a simple data-plotting library for KStars; it is
also currently being used by Kalzium.  The library provides a 2-D plot
widget (KPlotWidget) and a class containing data to be plotted
(KPlotObject).  The library is on KDE CVS:
kdeedu/libkdeedu/kdeeduplot

On another note, do any of the KDE data-plotting programs (QtiPlot,
Kst, etc) provide a command prompt or a scripting interface?  I
currently use "supermongo" for data plotting at work, which allows me
to type in commands to read data from a file, set the plot limits, plot
the data, etc.  I find this much more efficient than using a GUI.

thanks for creating the list,
Jason

--
KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars