About KDE bug tracker

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 02:48:18 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:

> Hi, in my opinion KDE's bug tracker is the worst I've ever seen:
>
> - I *never* find my reported bugs.

Once logged in, in the front page, there is a "Managing you Account" section
where you have "Show all open reports that I reported". Just take note that
this are *open* reports, not those that have been resolved/fixed/closed. To
find closed bugs, you can use the Advanced search form (from the front page
or the menu at the top).

> - Searching for a specific bug is a pain as the involved component (ie:
> kmail,
> kopete, plasma...) is not a column when the bugs are shown.

Not sure what you mean.

> - After posting a comment in a bug, that bug dissapears and the next one
> appears... ¿?

Again, not sure what you mean. What "next one"? I just commented on a bug
right now and it didn't go to a "next one".

- Rating a bug/wish is done in a separate section instead of the bug/wish
> report itself.

If you mean voting for a bug, at the top (before all the comments) there is
a "Vote" link. Of course for convenience you have a page which lists all
bugs you've voted for.

And I the only who doesn't feel confortable with current bug tracker?
> Is there any aim to change/improve it?

KDE is using Bugzilla for it's bug tracker. It is not a homebrew
application. So whatever limitations you're bumping into, almost all users
of Bugzilla also experience. There is always an ongoing communication
between KDE and Bugzilla on how it can be improved. You can find out more
about them at http://www.bugzilla.org/

Thanks for your attention to details and your desire to improve the KDE
experience. :)