KDE4 slow

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jun 25 03:12:23 CEST 2009

El Jueves, 25 de Junio de 2009, Alvaro Aguilera escribió:
> It's the price of progress. Newer version of the software are heavier and
> need more power.
> You can try switching the composite extension off (in the xorg.conf file),
> if that doesn't work, do like me: use kde3 as the session/desktop
> environment, and run your favorite KDE4 applications on top of that, until
> you save enough money to upgrade your computer :)

The fact is that dissabling composite (nvidia driver) the speed is really
similar.

So, do you think I need a better computer for KDE4? The fact is that I'll buy
a new one :), but I really expected that 1 GB RAM and CPU 1600 MHz (dual core)
was enough for "using" KDE4 with just a few apps open (Konqueror, Kopete,
Kontact and Yakuake plus KDE4 core daemons).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>