Stability

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jun 15 04:57:24 CEST 2009

On Friday 12 June 2009, Rafael Oliveira wrote:
> Plasma is really beautiful and KDE became REALLY beautiful since 4.1, but
> don't you think that stability is good too?

patches welcome. i really encourage you to get involved if you want to see
improvement. that's how F/OSS works.

> I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.2.2, and I feel it is unstable every time
> (plasma crashes for anything, like moving a notification plasmoid)

that has been fixed in 4.3.0.

> and I
> have flicks (like in KDE boot (and when KDE is booting and I click, it
> vanishes)).

yes, ksplash goes away when you click on it. that's how it has _always_ been
and is intentional. it also has nothing to do with plasma. talk to the
maintainer of it if you think it should be different.

i think you, just as with Reuben Morais a few minutes before you, have
mistaken this list for bugs.kde.org.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se