[OT] Some bug in KDE4 about the keyboard?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Jul 22 20:30:50 CEST 2009

Hi, I know that the purpose of this list is not to report bugs or ask for
help. However I'm desperate due to a very critical issue I'm experimenting
since I upgraded to KDE 4.2.96 (KDE 4.3 RC2) in Kubuntu Jaunty.

The bug I reported:

Basically my keyboards gets crazy *very* usually and behaves as if the key
Ctrl, Alt, AltGr or Caps is pressed (so if I want to write "a" then "A" is
written, or perhaps Ctrl+A action is performed, or Alt+A....).
When pressing the "affected" key the issue dissapears.

As I said it occurs since the upgrade. Anyhow I've found nothing about an
existing bug and I'm not sure if's a problem in my laptop (it's not a problem
in the keyboard as it occurs with any USB keyboard, also with the laptop
keyboard). So I'm getting crazy and think in "drop" my computer.

If anyone has some idea on what could be happen please help me.

Really thanks a lot and sorry for this big off-topic.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>