desktop problems

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 05:31:49 CEST 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008, landon kelsey wrote:
> thanks...I have KDE 4.0.5
>
> I presume the updates will arrive via yum update!
>
> will the panel ever recover the hide feature?
>
> or allow another color!

you can switch themes in 4.0, and at some point (maybe 4.1?) we added
colourizable themes (Aya ships by default and is colourizable; it's what
OpenSUSE uses for their defaults as well)

> Gnome put icons on the desktop at the upper left for the flash memory stick
> and NTFS.
>
> Under KDE I must first use dolphin to open each so others can see the
> files!

by default plasma has the device notifier in the panel. you can also drop it
onto the desktop, where it shows the list in a nice little box.

imho, this is superior to both GNOME and KDE3's mechanisms.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se