desktop problems

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 04:49:53 CEST 2008

The truth is, Landon, for many of the KDE problems you've just
mentioned -- no auto hide on panel, allow another color -- these
aren't necessarily bugs, but limitations in KDE 4.0.5's Plasma.  They
just haven't been implemented yet.

Yum Update should bring KDE 4.1 soon, I hope it helps.

In the meantime...I finally realized what you are talking about with
'switchdesk'.  If I recall, isn't that a small program that lets you
rapidly flip between GNOME and KDE sessions?

I highly suspect that considering how much KDE has changed since 3.5,
switchdesk probably gives a lot of glitches when used with KDE4.
That's not necessarily KDE4's fault; switchdesk was probably meant for
GNOME and KDE 3.5.

If you just switch using the Login screen in Fedora, you'll probably
be okay.  Switchdesk is a specialty tool, and it's hard to identify
what's wrong when you use switchdesk, because I imagine not many users
actually use it.  I've only read about it myself.