[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

JRT jrt256 at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 17:16:46 CEST 2007

Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On 5/31/07, JRT <jrt256 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Current KDE code does "minimize scaling".  The standard requires
>> "minimize inconsistent style".  It really is that simple.
>
> Now you actually got pretty close to a solution: KDE follows the spec
> ALMOST perfectly. The reasons for not following perfectly could be
> very pressing, don't just assume it's because of stupidity (that's how
> you'r mail reads, you know, even if you didn't intend that).

I did not intend to imply stupidity unless in the context of the fact
that we all make stupid mistakes from time to time.  What I said was
that the problem was due to (human) error.  I meant nothing derogatory
by that, just the blunt truth: Somebody goofed.  Isn't that where bugs
come from?

> Maybe it's time to try to find a fix for the problem and send a patch.

I have tried to fix it and haven't succeeded yet.

> I don't think you'll convince someone else to write one...

It would be most efficient if whoever wrote the original code would fix
it since the code is rather complex.

> In either case, can we stop this fight?

You don't understand what the fight is about.  AJS insists that there
isn't a bug.  As long as that is his position, the fight will go on
because he will prolong it.

--
JRT