[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

JRT jrt256 at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 14:37:57 CEST 2007

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007 03:29:46 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> [H]e's also taken the conversation completely out of context,
>> which was originally about how "horrible" it was that GNOME is shipping
>> icons for KDE applications.
>
> To me, it makes sense for GNOME to ship icons for KDE applications, instead of
> KDE shipping icons to go in a GNOME theme.  (Shipping icons to go in HiColor
> might make sense though...)  Plus, outside the common standards @
> freedesktop.org and the work thereon, I don't care much about what GNOME is
> working on.

Yes, there is no reason for KDE to specifically make Gnome theme icons.
  I accept that fact that their generic theme (Gnome) and our generic
theme (KDEClassic) don't exactly match.  But, they are close enough to
use together without a sever style clash.

It was suggested on the XDG list that a standard set of HiColor icons be
made to go with the new standard names.  This theme would then have its
home on FreeDesktop.org and not belong to any one Desktop.

--
JRT