[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

JRT jrt256 at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 09:50:48 CEST 2007

Richard A. Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007, JRT wrote: | Sorry to post something
> controversial to the list. | | I think that new people should know
> what they are getting into.
>
> I snipped everything out as it doesn't need to be repeated.

That is fine, no reason to waste bandwidth.

> Are you a "new person" by chance? I am, 6 months maybe working with
> the KDE community, so I am about as new as one could get.

I have recently returned after taking several months off due to illness.

> I have never had one problem yet, and I have disagreed with a core
> developer, and have a couple of time, and never once I have ever been
>  disrespected or treated unfairly. The KDE community actually
> entrusted me with stuff and welcomed me with open arms in a way.

That is good to hear.  Perhaps some people just hate me. :-D

> I just wanted to say it isn't fair that you think "new people" should
>  know what they are getting into from one incident. Plus I am not
> 100% sure this was the correct list to send this to, but then again I
> am new.

Perhaps, now that I have calmed down a bit, it is best to just say that
this is a word to to the wise -- be forewarned that if you disagree with
some of the core developers that their reaction may be to take it
personally.

--
JRT