Introduction - New Contributor

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sat May 12 16:55:08 CEST 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
| Ho Roshan,
|
| On Saturday 12 May 2007 15:30:48 Roshan wrote:
| > It goes without saying, Introduction has been the
| > "traditional" "first-post" to any list. I'm here to do
| > no different.
|
| Welcome to the club!

I second Adriaan on this one, Welcome!

| Documentation that I know needs a tremendous amount of work is KPilot's
| user manual; KMail is a more important application where a lot of new
| features are under-documented. And of course you can just go through
| existing manuals and check that they (still) match the apps.

Adriaan, I think at UDS you heard from me to stop breaking KPilot (I wasn't
there physically, but I was listening in) ;) Anways if you want some help
with this let me know, and Roshan if you are interested in working on the
KPilot docs I am willing to mentor you through, unless you feel like starting
a little smaller. If that is the case I can work with you on this Adriaan
seeing as I am a KPilot junkie.

| > Oh yes, I don't know how to use DocBook, but I suppose
| > that's not a mandatory criteria for *beginners*. Once
| > I am good at writing documentation in plain text, I
| > can learn DocBook and later contribute documentation
| > using DocBook.
|
| I've always understood that plain text content sent to the docs team will
| do, since doing docbook right is a pain in the nether regions.

Roshan, Adriaan is correct. You can send a plain text document to the KDE
Documentation Teams mailing list (kde-doc-english at kde.org) and we will be
more than happy to look it over and convert it accordingly.

| > Kudos! to all KDE developers and the entire team for
| > KDE 4.0 alpha release. I'm waiting to breathe some
| > 'oxygen' ;)
|
| KDE4 documentation hasn't really started yet, I don't think.

Not yet, but I am hearing this week is probably going to start the priming. I
am waiting for Anne-Marie to contact me concerning KOffice2 docs (KOffice2
meeting this weekend), so I am guessing KDE 4 docs are going to start soon as
well. This will be a very large task, and the more the merrier. Thanks Roshan
for your willingness to help and I look forward to working with you.

Roshan, I am nixternal on IRC (Freenode) in #kde-docs and various other #kde*
channels. You can also email me at nixternal at ubuntu.com with any doc specific
questions you may have. Thanks again!

--
Rich Johnson