Introduction - New Contributor

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sat May 12 15:30:48 CEST 2007

Hello Lists,

It goes without saying, Introduction has been the
"traditional" "first-post" to any list. I'm here to do
no different.

Hi All,
I am Roshan from Mumbai City, in Maharashtra (State),
India. I currently use Kubuntu 6.06 as my GNU/Linux
OS. In the past few months, I have been thinking about
contributing to Documentation of the KDE project. I
read the KDE documentation primer by Carlos Woelz, and
found that there are three tasks, specifically, that I
can contribute to in the documentation.

1. Start a fresh document for an application or What's
This
2. Update an existing document
3. Proof-reading a document (I suppose, there is a
pre-requisite for this)

I would surely enjoy any one or all the three tasks
and therefore have decided to join the team. :)

I will go through the Primer once again (have read it
till the 4th Chapter) and find out more about getting
started with documentation.

But if there are any exisitng documentation that needs
an update, and if you think, I can help, please do let
me know.

Oh yes, I don't know how to use DocBook, but I suppose
that's not a mandatory criteria for *beginners*. Once
I am good at writing documentation in plain text, I
can learn DocBook and later contribute documentation
using DocBook.

Kudos! to all KDE developers and the entire team for
KDE 4.0 alpha release. I'm waiting to breathe some
'oxygen' ;)

--
FSF of India Associate Fellow - http://www.gnu.org.in
S K Somaiya College of ASC- http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc