starting kde contributing

Nocki! nockii at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:12:53 CET 2007

Hello all!

I need some help and guidance in starting kde contributing. I would
try to improve some features in kopete but i have no experience in kde
development. i am familiar with java and a little bit with other
languages but i'm newbie in c++.
i have also an idea to make an implementation of Conway's life for
kde, probably rather simple, and i think it may be useful for
understanding how to work with kdevelop, qt and so on.
So i need some counsels what to do first because there are too much
stuff to understand how to work with it.

And couple of questions:
i start to learn kde tutorial by Larosa, but i got errors while
building some example applications. Where may i get help and answers
about c++ language, kdevelop etc if something goes wrong? (maybe irc,
mailing lists..)
and the second. what kind of docs may be useful for beginners? what
should i read?

Sergey Repin