[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

tooth tooth at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jun 1 05:12:01 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 11:13:18 am Wade Olson wrote:

> Hi there.  As you can find with any OSS project, there's always going
> to be similar threads.  People are passionate about open source (which
> is a good thing!) and sometimes that passion spills into mailing
> lists.
>
> Glad you're interested in not only KDE, but in possibly helping KDE out.
>
> Translations, documentation, web site work, actual application
> work...there's plenty of areas that can use help.
>
> Thanks,
> Wade

thanks for your reply Wade.

for me KDE has provided a very enjoyable user experience since i first tried
3.1.  as a novice coder i find oss an exceptional resource to improve,
explore, and expand a career involved in software and software development.
the wealth and tools provided to us by KDE and Trolltech, shoud you choose to
use them, is extremely impressive in helping getting involved.  svn,
techbase, mailing lists, planet, dot, etc etc are just given to us, its truly
a fantasic thing. resulting in a user environment i enjoy every day.  one
which i think may users would be proud to say they helped build.

i've got my own ideas where and how i'd hope to one day contribute, for now i
feel they involve a good deal of self study ;)

my parents tought me not to complain about good things that are given to me :)