Please add a tool to let users rate kde apps

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jan 27 14:51:59 CET 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 22:54, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> I recall a -devel or -core-devel thread suggesting a feedback agent, you
> might want to search for that. I'm not sure we *can* define a "stable"
> metric, or collect data in a privacy-neutral fashion.

The perceived quality of an application also depends on where you got it, i.e.
which distribution (e.g. distributor specific patches, bleeding edge
releases), and the situation you are deploying it into.

On the cited example of KMail:

- home user: might only need POP3 no IMAP issues do not effect them, might
need local SPAM filtering

- coporate LAN user: might only need IMAP, but might not need SPAM filtering
(done on server side)

- corporate laptop user: might need disconnected IMAP

and so on (not even talking about side effects like addressbook related things
also probably affecting KMails rating)

So any reasonable rating effort will end up in having a table for each version
if KMail, plotting distribution versions by feature sets.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring