-quality moderation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 18:51:27 CET 2007

> Doing that would re-focus this mailing list as a quality *assurance* list,
> or quality *checking* and away from newcomers and away from being a dumping
> ground for things-that-might-improve-kde. The latter two are better served
> elsewhere (howtohelp@, kde-usability@ or applications specific lists). Then
> the focus of this list would become:
>
> - KDE quality assurance
>   - coordination of bug triage
>   - bug dispute resolution
>   - coding guidelines and standards
>   - code checking
>   - verification of KDE code
>   - research into KDE quality

As someone who's been on this list nearly from the time it was started, I have
to say that I agree with Adriaan. While I still like the idea of the quality
team as originally proposed by Carlos, I think that the naming and history of
this list mean that it's not the best place to continue those efforts.

Regards,
Philip