-quality moderation

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jan 22 15:35:52 CET 2007

As y'all may have noticed, the kde-quality list moderator is missing in
action; Carlos has not been spotted in a *long* time and that shows, both in
the moderation of this list and the maintainence of the quality.kde.org
website (it's still all about KDE 3.4, for instance). This leads to "bursty"
mail as the queue is emptied from time to time by our very busy sysadmins.

This means we really need to think about the viability of a "quality team" as
a place to get started with KDE contribution. We have a much better mailing
list, howtohelp at kde.org, for getting started. It is linked from a variety of
places -- just do a web search for it.

The content of the website overlaps enormously with other efforts, like
http://www.kde.org/getinvolved/ ; if we move in some of the more detailed
content from quality.kde.org we can afterwards ditch the domain (or rather:
do something with it that matches the name better).

Doing that would re-focus this mailing list as a quality *assurance* list, or
quality *checking* and away from newcomers and away from being a dumping
ground for things-that-might-improve-kde. The latter two are better served
elsewhere (howtohelp@, kde-usability@ or applications specific lists). Then
the focus of this list would become:

- KDE quality assurance
  - coordination of bug triage