session management proposal

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Dec 22 11:58:04 CET 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007 07:18, Mats Vold wrote:
> Imagine that, in addition to the standard options - close, maximize,
> minimize - there were an iconify option, which would create a link on the
> desktop to the applications current session. The link would persist across
> logins, thus allowing the user to create shortcuts for his/her favorite
> sessions.

That reminds me of how twm iconified windows, actually. Seems like an
intersting idea. The best thing to do with this would be to (a) file a
wishlist item in bugs.kde.org for this (b) get a KDe4 development environment
up and working (c) talk to folk in #kde4-devel and/or #plasma on irc.kde.org
to get development pointers (d) try to actually build it.

(a) is certainly necessary :)