an AI player for Tetris

Dapeng Zhang zhangd at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Dec 14 16:10:53 CET 2007

Dear Adriann,

Thanks for your reply.

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> You'll need a KDE development environment, for one thing. You may want to
> target KDE3 since that's an existing and stable platform; for research that's
> generally a good thing.

I have kdevelop3 package installed in my "openSuSE 10.2". I'm an emacs
user, never tried to use kdevelop. But I can start now...

The kdegames (kde) has a version 3.5.5. The source code package is from
web. It (kdegames) was sucessfully compiled by configure-->make-->"make
install". However, when I try to insert a very simple "printf" in
libksirtet/common/main.h, and recomplile. The compiler reports some link
errors, For example

board.o: In function `KSBoard::start(GTInitData const&)':
board.cpp:(.text+0x32d): undefined reference to `Board::start(GTInitData
const&)'
board.o: In function `KSBoard::qt_property(int, int, QVariant*)':
board.cpp:(.text+0x36e): undefined reference to `Board::qt_property(int,
int, QVariant*)'

Do you know how to solve this problem?

> Other than that, I'm not sure what you mean by "instructions". It's free
> software. You might -- if your university is very strict on IP (ask
> carefully, don't wake any sleeping dogs) -- want to make sure that you can do
> work that will be GPL licensed.

I think GPL should not be a problem. It should be confirmed by my boss
tomorrow...

> I'm CC'ing this to kde-research, which is a list dedicated to CS & IT
> researchers doing neat things with KDE.

It's fine.

> I checked briefly, there don't seem to be any "regular" KDE folk at
> uni-freiburg.

I'm very glad to be the first.

Cheers

Dapeng