Better default toolbar setting

Stefan Monov logixoul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 21:51:32 CEST 2006

> my stupid free e-mail provider locks pop access if I check mail more often
> than once per 15 minutes if no new mail is present so my auto-check
> interval will remain high, while in case I know some kind of confirmation
> mail must have come in, I do use the button discussed here.
The problem here is that you never know exactly when the confirmation email
will be received, and if you click "get mail" 1s earlier, *bang* you're
blocked. So a "get mail" toolbutton is not a solution for that

> Apart from that, I don't believe anybody new to KMail or e-mail at all
> could understand why there shouldn't be a button you can simply click to
> download your e-mail.
Then the first tip displayed on KMail startup should explain that mail is
received automatically.

> It's just the most basic function of an e-mail software.
Basic in terms of familiarity, not of necessity. ;-)