Better default toolbar setting

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Sun Sep 3 14:04:06 CEST 2006

El Domingo, 3 de Septiembre de 2006 13:39, Eugene Nine escribió:
> I was talking about this one
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=36385
> but the two you listed are just as bad.  Why use up 1/3 od the display with
> toolbars and such then you can't see much of the web page.  I wish I could
> add the buttons on to the menu bar so everything could be squeezed up on to
> one line.

So you propose the actual toolbars mode when two toolbars are in the same line
and becomes confusing. Afortunatelly I think this is not the way for the
future of KDE, look at this:

 1- Actual Kpdf embebed in Konqueror:
     http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/bldr/kparts/konqui_kpdf_current.jpg

 2 - A suggestion for display the specifica kpart toolbar inside the tab:
      http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/bldr/kparts/konqui_kpdf_suggestion.jpg

 3 - Actual Kview embebed in Konqueror:
      http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/bldr/kparts/konqui_kview_current.jpg

 4 - Suggestion:
      http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/bldr/kparts/konqui_kview_suggestion.jpg

Note how actual solutions (1 and 3) waste less space, but are they more
intuitive and polite? I think they aren't. They make the general toolbar be
constantly redrawed when changing to each Konqueror tab, and depending of the
Kpart the general toolbar + specific toolbar can take up one or two lines of
height, so the top position of the tabs changes in each tab.

--
Iñaki