Better default toolbar setting

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Sun Sep 3 01:02:15 CEST 2006

El Sábado, 2 de Septiembre de 2006 19:20, Henrique Pinto escribió:
> On Sat 02 Sep 2006 14:22, Stefan Monov wrote:
> > Konqueror for a New Experience is a mockup by Inãki.
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=36385
>
> I wasn't referring to this mockup. The *real* konqueror now has text under
> the toolbar buttons by default, as all the other KDE4 apps. I took a
> screenshot  of it for you, available at
> www.dcc.ufmg.br/~hpinto/konqueror-kde4.png

Upss, IMHO this toolbar wates too much space. Konqueror doesn't need a so long
navigation bar in a common 1024x768 monitor.

In a web or file browser the "Back", "Home", etc buttons don't need text to
describe them, they actions are obvious.

What Konqueror doesn't need are 3 icons to choose the view mode, why not a
simple icon to choose between "icon view" and "list view". And then, the user
could personalize the view mode with advanced options in the "View" menu
(as "tree" mode, "multicolumn" and so).

And other issue. Is not possible to show the icon text in two lines?
For example, in the image the "Multicolum View" text wastes too much
horizontal space, couldn't it be like the following?

                  [icon]
              Multicolumn
                   View

But of course, it could be related to Qt libraries (I don't know).

Regards ;)

--
Iñaki