Is KDE really usable?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Oct 25 15:04:13 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 14:23, P Botha wrote:
> I was wonderring today whether we could integrate into a university/s
> academic courses. Thus, students would have a choice between doing normal
> community service or working in small teams under mentors and solve bugs on
> bugs.kde.org?

It's been suggested, yes. Depends on the university, though. I think as part
of a software engineering class or some kind of support class an
assignment "bug triage" makes a lot of sense. Get 4 bugs (randomly?) and
analyse, confirm, reproduce, communicate, fix them.

There are mentors available through the JJ system.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team