bug reports

David Roberts dvdr18 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:56:42 CEST 2006

> Hi all,
>
> in mEDUXa what we have designed is a simple app that ask the user some
> simple questions related to his/her identity and the computer he or she is
> using (we only have 7 different types of computers). Then it asks about
> what logs the user want to send to the technical dept. The default answer
> is all of them. This app the generates an special e-mail with a header that
> RT (bugtracker) understands and a file attached with all the logs related
> to the bug. So the bug report from no expert user is automatic. Is the same
> idea that Ksystemlog but more straightforward. We expect tons of bugs
> notifications instead of many phone call reporting bugs.What we want is to
> have logs instead of descriptions of bugs made by non experts users.
>
> The notification system is a little bit more complicated but essencially
> that is what we have done. We are making he final tests of this system and
> is going to be on production in december aprox. In december is going to be
> public and we are writing the report in english so you guys can read it and
> make suggestions.
I like the idea from an end-user point of view, but I'm not involved in the
other end of bug-tracking so I can't comment on that perspective.

> I think that, in a few years, KDE will recieve 99% of the bug reports from
> distros instead of end users.
How so?

This might just be me, but I don't fully understand the point you're trying to
make. Are you intending for this to be part of KDE trunk, or is this just a
general announcement?

--
David Roberts