Is KDE really usable?

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Tue Oct 24 19:01:47 CEST 2006

Op dinsdag 24 oktober 2006 11:23, schreef David Roberts:

Hi,

> On Tuesday 24 October 2006 5:12 pm, Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> > > - automatic reporting of bugs (because, to be honest, it is a bit of a
> > > pain reporting these things manually)
> >
> > No please, we will drown in the bug reports then.
>
> ok, perhaps not automatic, but at least an option which eases the bug
> reporting process a little, e.g. opening a konqueror window with
> application and debugging information already filled in.

I believe bug reports should be submitted by people who have a clue what they
are doing and using. If you lower the barrier such that every user can submit
a bug with just a single button, the quality of the bug reports decrease as
well. It causes a lot of duplicate bugs or useless bug reports.

The way it is now, it forces people to think a little bit before they submit.
Which is in my opinion better. I don't feel that this should be changed to
something more easier.

An interesting sidenote would be mentioning Likeback [1], which offers a lower
barrier for submitting bugs and comments, but does not end up in bugs.kde.org
immediately.

Kind regards,

[1] http://basket.kde.org/likeback.php

--