What is my name?

Stefan Monov logixoul at gmail.com
Sun May 28 11:44:00 CEST 2006

Hee-hee, too bad Kopete's author didn't know about the "no bad associations
in other languages" guideline -- here, in Bulgaria, Kopete means "buy!", in
*imperative* form. It also looks *a lot* like "Kopele", which means "son of
a bitch". Not to mention that here Kexi is sometimes used as a derogatory
term for a fat guy. >_<

Anyway, I here are my suggestions (feel free to calmly ignore my K-ism,
Aaron):

Kuerist, Patternist, Kondukt, Konquerier, seeK, oaK, looKfor, investiKate,
Kolumbus, Kontent, reKuest, FlowtraK, Akcessance, Tranceform, Transq,
struKt, taKe, xtraKt

Notes:

Konquerier (con-query-er) could be either very confusing or very enchanting.
Dunno.

Kolumbus associates rightly, since the parser is like a sailor in the middle
of the XML ocean.

reKuest is twofold. It has the feeling of "ya" (yet another) in things like
yacc (since you'll RE-do the job of creating a XPath parser YetAnother
time). Also, what feels like the main thing here is the "Kuest", which has a
certain... adventure feeling to it, if you understand what I mean.

About FlowtraK... well, the parser kinda like tracks the XML flow.

"access" derivatives are particularly nice, since "access" summarizes both
original points - "change" and "navigate". Hence Akcessance.

I hope it's obvious that Tranceform is pronounced "Transform".

Transq feels cool, and signifies Transquery. Word-end q isn't patented by
Compaq, you know ;) .

struKt describes that we're changing/navigating a *structure*. Besides, it
feels a tad geeky, what with the C keyword "struct".

The parser "takes" things from the parsee, so enter, taKe.

Maybe the parser can be said to "extract" things from XML somewhat, so
xtraKt might work.

In the end, I don't see how the current name KXForm is bad or too general.
I'd stick with it.