Unified handling of similar content -- wish for KDE 4

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:06:34 CEST 2006

I hope I am posting to the right list.

I want KDE 4 to handle ordinary and torrent downloads from a single interface.
Now I am not able to queue a mixed list of torrent and ordinary downloads.
Hence KTorrent and KGet must be merged.

Similarly I would like KMail, Akregator and KNode to be merged. I feel all are
of similar nature.

Perhaps it can be said that all these should be separate applications, since
different interfaces are needed for each function. OK. We already have
Kontact which calls up KMail and integrates Akregator. I would like KNode to
be then added to Kontact and another KDownload application which integrates
KGet and KTorrent.

Just a few thoughts...

Thanks.

--

Tux #395953 resides at http://samvit.org
playing with KDE 3.52 on SUSE Linux 10.0