Konqueror for a New Experience (mockup)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Tue Mar 14 22:30:39 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 14. März 2006 21:46, schrieb Stefan Monov:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 22:01, Iñaki wrote:
> > - The "refresh" button will change to the "stop" button as long as a web
> > page or thumbnails are loading (like in Safari or Opera) instead of
> > having two seperate buttons.
>
> What if the user reaches for the stop button, but 0.000001 second before he
> clicks it, the page loading finishes and he clicks it nevertheless? The
> observed behavior would be the precise opposite of the expected one.
> Safari and Opera users keep bitching about this misfeature in their
> browsers.

This specific problem could be helped by having a non-functional, short
intermediate state where a click is ignored (e.g. by showing the button
flipping from one action to the other: [X] <-> --- <-> [O] )

Should match all use cases I could make up adhoc.

But this does not help with the problem that the two are not always mutually
exclusive:
one (poweruser?) might want to reload the current page while it is loading
without doing the extra step of stopping the loading explicitly.
Question is if the need for this functionality deserves one more button to
clutter the UI (perhaps by giving powerusers a doubleclick option, but so far
for unvisible options;).

Regards
Friedrich