Which multimedia framework should I choose?

Stefan Monov logixoul at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 15:09:23 CEST 2006

(first sent this email just to Sheldon. my bad.)
On 5/30/06, Sheldon Cumming <sheldonc4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit confused as to the requirements of this application. Do you want
> something that does speech recognition, or simply play back an audio file at
> different speeds so the human can do the recognition?

As I said, the text would be written manually (by hand, by a human,
the hard, old-fashioned way).

> If the latter, is there no possibility to implement that as a plugin to an
> already existing media player rather than forking code? Seems as if it would
> be a lot easier.

I'm certainly willing to write a plugin rather than a full-blown
application. Is there any host player appropriate for the task other
than Noatun? And is Noatun making it into KDE 4? Thanks for any
answers.