joining to the team

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 12 14:13:46 CET 2006

Hi Vikas,

> I have good programming knowledge in C .I really want to contribute
> something  in programming side. As you mail suggest good knowledge of C++.
> my proficency level in c++ is 6 out of 10. Since last 6 months i am
> contantly working on emebedded systems(VX works). i do have some knowledge
> of linux kernel programming. I would like to  know any way i can contribute
> something .Your responce will be higly appreciated.

Since KDE 3.5 is only open to bug fixes, and KDE 4 is a long way off, a good
way to get involved might be in one of the "extragear" applications, for
example, konversation, digikam, kaffeine and so on. You can find a full list
at http://extragear.kde.org/ . If you already use one of those applications,
or are particularly interested in it, you can get in touch with the
developers with the links on that page.

Whatever you choose to work on, you'll probably need to install the 3.5 branch
of KDE - see my reply to Luca for instructions on doing that.

Whatever you decide to do, please tell the list, so we can provide any other
help you need.

Regards,
Philip