joining to the team

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 13:34:39 CET 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 5:49 pm, Szilágyi Ferenc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm Ferenc Szilágyi, a hungarian student. I'd like to join to your
> team,  to do something useful. I've some experience in developing, and i
> want to intruduce my knowledge.
>
> Please, tell me how can I contribute in your job.

If you know C++, you can help with coding. You'll also need to know Qt and the
KDE libraries. You can find a tutorial for Qt on doc.trolltech.com and KDE
development tutorials on developer.kde.org . Currently the main KDE libraries
are being ported to Qt 4, so it's a little bit harder than usual to get
involved with developing the main part of KDE. However, KOffice and KDevelop
are both in active development, and I'm sure they'd be happy to get new
volunteers.

There are also lots of non-coding things available to help with:
documentation, translation, websites, artwork, etc. The docs team have
several technical projects ongoing, and we'd be happy to have help with them.
Some examples:
* Improving the XML and XSLT tools used to convert KDE Docbook documentation
to other formats (HTML, PDF).
* Making PDF versions of the non-English KDE documentation
* Adding features to the documentation website docs.kde.org (needs PHP).

If any of those are interesting to you, just email me and we can talk about
what to do next.

Regards,
Philip