A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Iñaki ibc2 at euskalnet.net
Mon Feb 20 22:54:43 CET 2006

El Lunes, 20 de Febrero de 2006 22:21, Aaron J. Seigo escribió:
> > and the "Services" tab with
> > Fonts and Printers information??
>
> people actually find this useful.

Not the people I know. Konqueror is a web browser and file browser. Things
like "Fonts" and "Printers" configuration should be in KDE Control Center but
not in a web/file browser.
If there is people that find them useful in Konqueror is because they don't
find them useful where the must be (I'm speakig about a better and cleaner
Kcontrol that is a goal for KDE4).

> > I'm working in an HTML/Javascript preview of my idea of new Konqueror, I
> > hope to finish it as soon as possible and show it.
>
> cool. have you looked at other people's "previews" and ideas? we *really*
> could use someone who is collating these ideas and helping put together a
> real vision with the developers. right now we have lots of armchair
> designers and very few actual workers. the former are interesting in the
> sense of possibly gleaning ideas, but the latter is what makes things
> happen.

I'm trying to put together the best mockups and ideas I've seen in kdelook.org
with my suggestions. Anyway it will take long time to me.

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...