Anyone Intrested in new Project

Mr Bulldog bulldogsay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:47:49 CET 2006

well, a majority of beginners who like move to linux and kde will choose
probably ubuntu, suse etc. these you can get flash player  and aswell is
there an open source alternative being developed called gnunash, i don't
know if it works for embedded movies. However it would have notes within the
flash file. Also beginners probably won't choose 64 bit version of a distro.

I am trying to speculate that we are aiming for beginners to kde, not fairly
intermediate or advanced group. Also using a different movie format, limits
what galleries we can use which would be gallery 2 from menalto, as that has
suppport for ffmpg.

however aaron seigo pledged an idea when i was thinking about doing this,
that all the video could be downloaded onto a disc, ensuring that they are
not massive per video, but stating that an optional link to the movie file,
could be made and used for these systems not used.

They only problem is getting a gallery created currently, i just need to get
a solution we can change easily

thanks for comments Luke

On 20/02/06, Liviu Damian <dazzle.digital at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 05 February 2006 02:10, Thomas Beinicke wrote:
> > Other true video formats like xvid or any other mpeg4 formats are too
> > large and not clear enough on lower bitrates I guess and bandwidth is
> > still an issue I think although bigger files could be distributed
> > through torrent but then it would always depend on how many people
> > host it and that would only be a few very dedicated ones.
>
> One option is Apple's H.264. It's a very good codec, good compression,
> good quality, but I don't know if it's possible to use it under Linux.
> Another option is RealPlayer, which is available for Linux.

Cheers,