On cascading windows

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 09:53:59 CET 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, James W Dow wrote:
> Why not cascade windows diagonally from top right to bottom left. This would

Doesn't this suffer from the same problem that windows can (end up) hidden
behind others? If you have click-raise then a large window is going to
cover up smaller ones *anyway* on use. The existing top-left to
bottom-right cascade leaves all the title bars visible, so you can reach
all your windows again - that's the whole point.

If you have windows maximized to the vertical height of your screen, then
top-right to bottom-left cascades will leave little exposed except the
"close" button (in default plastik style and window decorations, at
least), which isn't a nice thing either.

All in all, *I* don't think it's a grand idea, but it might be useful for
others (yourself, for instance). The best thing to do then is to file a
wishlist item on bugs.kde.org against .. um .. kdesktop. Or kwin. I can't
decide which is responsible.

[ade]