Kde Websites need loads of updates

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 00:00:10 CET 2006

(CC'ing kde-quality again - please keep the discussion on-list)

> Some more question's I'd like to ask, what would be the case with different
> languages, would the team dedicate and create them individually, or would
> they bundle a translation of their notes, and somehow dynamically embed
> them in the flash file.

I'm not sure about this one. There are two separate issues wrt translation:
The GUI in the video, and any voiceover that's added. If there's no
voiceover, then it might be possible to use Sander Koning's work on
KDExecutor to help with translation. If there's a voiceover, I honestly don't
think that the translation teams would have the manpower to add their own -
this requires further thought.

> Also would you want a tool which is simple and straightforward to use or
> maybe one that allows a great deal of configuration- comparing vnc2swf and
> 'wink''?

Personally, I'd prefer straightforward, but if the tools all produce the same
output in the same format, I don't suppose it matters.

> finally regarding fitting the video's into documents, currently it could be
> a link stored maybe on a cd or stream from the internet servers - however
> making an application that pop ups might be the case or simply embedding it
> into the documentation somehow.

I don't know what the file size of the videos would be, but provided we use
them sparingly, I don't see any reason not to do the same with them as we do
with normal screenshots now, viz, include them directly in the output HTML.

Regards,
Philip