digikam bug

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Feb 3 14:10:25 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2006 12:00 schrieb kde-quality-request at kde.org:
> The bug is known and someone has mentioned it exactly the same as i
> would have done the existing report was filed for a Version of 0.8.0
> that was named "experimental" i run the official "final"-version 0.8.0
> and the bug is still alive as announced in the bugreport that is marked
> as "closed" and "RESOLVED"

The current stable version of digikam is 0.8.1 - I'm pretty sure when bugzilla
says a bug in 0.8.0 was solved it is in the 0.8.1. From my SuSE times I know
that they provide rpms for newer versions of digikam then shipped with the on
there ftp (or the mirrors). Have a look there.

I think your general qestions about bugzilla have already been answered here
quite well. When it comes to digikam there are better ways to get answers to
your questions:

Digikam homepage: http://www.digikam.org (in the download section there are
rpms for SuSE provided).

Mailing List: see homepage --> Contact.

I have to admit I did not find a detailed changelog - but it is included in
the tarball. So if you give me the bug number and description I can have a
look for you, whether it is solved in 0.8.1. But updating is a good idea
anyway.

Remember: "digikam" concists of tree parts: digikam(-core) that provides the
main functions of digikam (organizing images in albums), digikamimageplugins
that provides all the possibilities to manipulate your images in the image
viewer of digikam (like color improvements) and finaly kipi-plugins that
provides additional functions like cd export, flikr export, printing wizard
etc. digikamimageplugins-0.8.1 will be released next week.