discuss: consistency in KDE GUI

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 14:28:07 CET 2006

On 12/22/06, Iñaki <ibc2 at euskalnet.net> wrote:

> El Viernes, 22 de Diciembre de 2006 14:47, Orville Bennett escribió:
> > > KMail doesnt deal with files, its menubar starts with "File"!
> >
> > Actually it does deal with files. Attachments are files. The mail
> > messages you read and compose are files as well.
>
> I don't thing so: for common users a "mail" is not a "file". And the menu
> names should be understood by whole people.

Given that Thunderbird, Apple's Mail,  Outlook, and god knows what else uses
a file menu, I don't think whole people will have much problem with the
whole "File" menu paradigm.

PD: A mail is not a file necesarily. If the format is mbox then a "mailbox"
> file contains ALL the mails in a single file.

in a what? file?
OK now I'm just being facetious, I'll stop.
The point I was attempting to make is the File menu is appropriate even.
KMail deals with files, saves files and on occasion will even eat files. But
that's only during the betas :-)

Regards.

> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo