Weird Behaviour 3.5.3>

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 13:46:43 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 14:41, P Botha wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 August 2006 20:26, jos poortvliet wrote:
> > Op woensdag 16 augustus 2006 20:02, schreef P Botha:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm noticing some weird behaviour in kde, basically after 3.5.3 was
> > > released. This behaviour still exists in the 3.5.4 and would like to
> > > know if anyone else has noticed it.
> > >
> > > When kde shuts down, it kills applications that doesn't shutdown fast
> > > enough. This has resulted in amarok losing sogs due to it not being
> > > able to write the whole playlist to file.
> >
> > well, that explains the fact i get an older playlist when my playlist was
> > too long... i got, mostly, lots of apps running when i log out (+/- 15,
> > most kpdf, konqi, konsole, kontact, amarok, etc etc...) and i see
> > webpages i closed last session back, or miss some stuff. not all the
> > time, just now and then, but it's weird. i don't log off often, so i
> > wasn't sure if it was just me... but it seems like this kubuntu edgy
> > (3.5.4) has the same problem you have :D
> >
> > > I've also noticed this in KMail when it threw away 3 pop accounts as
> > > well as 1 imap (although one pop account did survive).
> > > Have anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know whether such
> > > behaviour was implemented in kdelibs or somewhere?
> > >
> > > Pieter
> >
> > superstoned
>
> Come to think of it, this might also be the reason Firefox thinks it
> crashed (previous time I shut down), because it got killed ?
>
> Pieter
This is, I believe the reason for firefox's crashing.   It used to work, but I
think that was with versions of firefox < 1.5.
As for amarok, worksforme. Any bug with respect to session manage may be the
fault of the program not including support for it.
A better place for this discussion however would be the bugtracker :-)
bugs.kde.org FTW!